The Sunshine Coast Tour Company: Terms and Conditions
These are the Terms and Conditions of The Sunshine Coast Tour Company. In these Terms and Conditions we, us, our or TSCTC means The Sunshine Coast Tour Company. You refers to the customer. ABN: 46625309453. By booking our services you agree to our Terms and Conditions.
- Our contract: All bookings are made with The Sunshine Coast Tour Company PTY LTD (ABN: 46625309453). By booking our tours and transfer service you acknowledge and agree that you identify as a tourist and you agree to our latest Terms and Conditions. Terms and Conditions are subject to change at any time. The customer should refer to this page on the day of your trip for the most up to date Terms and Conditions and only board the vehicle if they agree.
- Payment: The Sunshine Coast Tour Company requires prepayment for all tours and transfer services. Tour and transfer places are not confirmed until payment is processed. Payments are accepted through the online booking system.
- Cancellation by the customer: All cancellations must be advised in writing to [email protected] Cancellations with more than 48 hours notice before the scheduled departure time will be given full refund. We are unable to refund cancellations with less than 48 hours notice.
- Cancellation by TSCTC: TSCTC reserves the right to cancel any tour or transfer in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond its control. In such event a full refund will be given.
- Self-terminating: Any passenger who decides to leave a tour before the official finish is not eligible for a refund, in full or part. If you decide to leave a tour prior to the official finish you must make a TSCTC staff member aware prior to doing so. TSCTC accepts no responsibility for the passenger once the passenger has left the tour vehicle.
- Liability: All tours and transfer services operate as a pick up and drop off service only. TSCTC accepts no responsibility for any actions, loss, injury or damage while passengers conduct activities outside of TSCTC vehicles.
- Public Liability: TSCTC holds public liability insurance. In the event of a claim, all dealings will be managed by our policyholder.
- Exclusion of liability: TSCTC does not accept any responsibility for any act, omission, default or neglect of its employees or agents, for death, injury, damage or loss to persons or goods whatsoever and howsoever caused; nor does it warrant and is in no way responsible for the accuracy of the information given or statements made by its employees and or agents. TSCTC takes no responsibility (damage or loss) for your personal possessions.
- Indemnity: You agree to indemnify us against all third party claims, actions, damages and remedies which may be brought against us in respect of your participation on the tour or transfer service.
- Age and health requirements: TSCTC provides tours and transfers for those 7 years and above. All customers attending a tour are responsible for their own health, injuries and wellbeing. We recommend that you are covered by appropriate health and travel insurance. TSCTC cannot be held responsible for your failure to take out appropriate insurance. TSCTC does not employ medical personnel. Any necessary medical attention will be arranged by the customer. If necessary TSCTC staff will help facilitate arrangements at a local facility, all at the customer’s expense. TSCTC is not responsible or liable for any losses or costs incurred as a result of medical services obtained while on tour or using our transfer service, or for the quality of the care or services received.
- Accessibility: The vehicles used by TSCTC cannot accommodate wheelchairs or any walking aids, with the exception of walking sticks.
- Timings and departure: We operate on a tight schedule; please see tour/transfer itineraries for specific timings. No refunds will be offered to those who fail to meet on time and miss our departure. You are responsible for all travel arrangements and costs to and from the point of commencement and conclusion. On tour, at each of our stops, we will give you a meeting point and time, it is your responsibility to ensure you meet us at the correct time and place. At the beginning of the tour/transfer we will give you a phone number, should you get lost then you must call us so we can guide you to the correct place. If you are not at the meeting point on time we will call you, we will continue to do so for 15 minutes. If we do not hear from you in this time then it will be presumed that you have decided to leave the tour. Failure to meet at the transfer service pick up or drop off point, at the prearranged time will result in the vehicle leaving without you. No refunds will be given in any of the prior mentioned situations and TSCTC does not accept any responsibility for affected passengers.
- Alterations: TSCTC reserves the right to make appropriate changes to a tour without prior notice due to local circumstances or events. The itinerary provided for each tour is representative of the types of activities planned, but it is understood that the route, schedules, itineraries, amenities and mode of transport may be subject to alteration without prior notice. No compensation may be claimed if such alterations are made.
- Authority: Our tours and transfers are run by TSCTC staff. The decision of the member of staff is final on all matters likely to affect the safety or well-being of any person on the service. You agree to comply with the authority and decisions of TSCTC staff member and the laws of Australia. If you fail to comply with a decision made by the staff member; or it is the staff members opinion you are not compatible with the general enjoyment of the tour, you are interfering with the wellbeing or mobility of the tour, then the staff member may direct you to leave the tour immediately. In such an occasion you have no right to refund. We may also elect not to carry you on any future services booked.
- Behaviour: You agree that all tourists and staff members have the right to travel and work in a safe environment. Any person exhibiting behaviour, verbal or physical that places TSCTC staff members, customers or any members of the public in a dangerous or uncomfortable situation will be removed from the tour or transfer. Any passenger removed from the tour/transfer will not be refunded. TSCTC does not accept any responsibility for the passenger once removed and you may make no claim against us. The tour leader has the right to terminate a tour if group behaviour is unruly and imposes a dangerous situation.
- Damage and cleaning: You agree to make every effort to keep the vehicle tidy and free from rubbish. If required, you agree to pay for any additional cleaning caused by yourself or dependents. Any damage caused to the vehicle will be assessed by an employee of TSCTC. If we deem repairs are required, you agree to pay for the total cost of repair. You must at all times comply with the Australian law.
- Smoking: TSCTC vehicles are strictly non-smoking. Any passenger smoking will incur a fee to cover the cost of commercial cleaning.
- Food and drink: Only water may be consumed in the vehicles. Concealed food and drink may be brought inside the vehicle but are only to be consumed outside of the vehicle. It is the individual responsibility of participants to advise us of their relevant medical and dietary requirements, including food allergies or intolerances, any other health issues, or any religious or ethical restrictions.
- Alcohol: Australian Government regulations prohibit the drinking of alcohol inside all tourist vehicles. TSCTC vehicles do not have a Liquor License; therefore the carrying of any opened alcohol beverages is not permitted.
- Seating: TSCTC vehicles are licensed to carry twelve people, including the driver, which cannot be exceeded at any time. No passengers are permitted to stand while in transit. All seats have seat belts which must be worn at all times. The emergency exit and aisle must be kept clear and accessible at all times. TSCTC shall not be liable for any illness, injury or death; or any loss, damages or claims whatsoever arising from any accident or incident if the safety belt is not being worn at the time of the accident or incident. TSCTC does not provide children with additional car seat restraints other than what’s fitted to the vehicle as factory standard.
- Pricing: TSCTC reserves the right to change our pricing without notice. Pricing will not be changed once payment has been taken and booking confirmed.
- Photography, film and marketing: You agree that TSCTC staff may take photographs and films of you. You consent to us using these for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium we choose without obtaining any further consent or payment in respect of such photographs and/or films. You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use such images and film for publicity and promotional purposes.
- Satisfaction guarantee and complaints: A customer who is not satisfied on their tour must discuss their concerns with a tour leader in person, on the day of their tour so that a resolution that is fair to both parties can be agreed upon. A full or partial refund will be agreed upon only if there is no other suitable resolution. Due to the nature of custom bookings, the satisfaction guarantee does not apply to custom itineraries and no refund will be offered. If a customer with a custom itinerary has any concerns about their day they should speak to their tour leader prior to the tour commencing, or in person on the day of their tour so that their concerns can be addressed and rectified.
- Severability: In the event that any term or condition contained in these Terms and Conditions is unenforceable or void by operation of law or as being against public policy or for any other reason then such term or condition shall be deemed to be severed from this contract or amended accordingly only to such extent necessary to allow all remaining terms and conditions to survive and continue as binding.
- Applicable law: Queensland, Australia law governs these Terms and Conditions to the fullest extent allowable. If any disputes in connection with a tour/transfer or these Terms and Conditions arise, disputes must be initiated in the courts of Queensland, Australia. If you are unsuccessful in any legal action initiated against us, you agree to pay all our costs, including but not limited to, attorney and travelling costs.
For any questions or notices, please contact us:
The Sunshine Coast Tour Company ABN 46625309453
Email: [email protected]
Address: PO box 263, The Sunshine Coast Tour Company, Bli Bli, Queensland, Australia 4560
Last update: 14 November 2020 8:55am